Owner Barb Miller from Berlin, Ohio has been working in the design industry for more than 20 years. As an interior decorator, she specializes in:
From new construction to renovation, Restoration Details will take you through the decorating process step by step. You'll avoid costly decorating mistakes, save precious time and money, and reduce stress. An interior evaluation will meet your specific needs, keeping personal taste and lifestyle in mind.
Recommendations will be made in regard to wall color, wallpaper, lighting, flooring options, furniture selection, interior finishes, accessories, fabrics, rugs, and custom window treatments.
If you’re a do-it-yourselfer or need help with a specific decorating dilemma, a decorating consultation is a great place to start. Recommendations will be made and you'll have the freedom to research and shop on your own to complete the project.
How does it work?
We start by FaceTiming and taking a tour of the room or rooms you need assistance with, then you will take pictures of the space. From the pictures provided, I will then develop a design plan that fits your needs and desires perfectly!
What are the benefits?
If your not familiar with a designer in your area, but need someone you feel comfortable with and trust, I'm the designer for you! If your schedule is busy and you need to work with someone that can be flexible and work with you after hours, I'm the designer for you! If you want to make the design process fun and a bit of an adventure, I'm the designer for you! If you want to be involved in the design process and complete a space that you absolutely LOVE, I'm the designer for you!
Don't wait any longer, let's create a space that you look forward to coming home to, a place of beauty and belonging!
How does it work?
You can access Barb through text, FaceTime or phone while shopping for items for your home or when specific questions arise about your design project.
What are the benefits?
It allows you to play a bigger part in your own design project and have more of a hands on experience. It also helps you stretch your design hours and makes things more efficient and cost effective! It's like having a designer in your pocket at all times!
Commercial projects are just as exciting as residential projects though they come with their own unique set of challenges. Functionality is key and color is also an important element in the work environment. It can affect mood and even influence the performance of the staff.
One Day Makeovers
Redesign, also known as "One Day Makeover,” is a service that updates the style and decor of your home by utilizing your current furnishings and accessories in a fresh new way. There’s no need to give up your favorite furnishings and start from scratch! Instead each room is rebuilt with what you already own. Your space will be transformed by repositioning, re-purposing, and recreating a coordinated look with your existing furnishings. In one day or less, Redesign will capture your style, revitalize your space, and deliver a highly stylized room that is unique to your lifestyle. You’ll get the designer look for a fraction of the traditional designer cost!
The interior redesign process begins with a few questions about how you live in your space, your likes and dislikes, and your overall design goals. The room is then emptied and the architecture is examined and cued for proper focal points and furniture placement. With your permission, your home will be shopped for unique treasures to enhance the room transformation.
With the focal point established, the large furniture is reintroduced into the room for proper function and traffic flow. Lighting, accessories and artwork are then re-positioned for the best visual impact. To complete the Redesign you’ll receive a wish list of recommended purchases. You can do the shopping, or, if you prefer, we will do it for you.
Staging Homes For Sale
You have one brief opportunity to impact buyers with a positive impression of your home. Staging will give you the competitive edge in today’s market. Real estate agents will be more motivated to show your move in ready property. A staged home sells, on average, in half of the time and 6-10% higher than unstaged homes.
Call today for your personalized staging appointment.
TOP 5 DON'TS
- Don't take it personally. As soon as you decide to make the commitment to sell your home, you need to think of it as a product, one that you want to sell fast and for top dollar. Don't take buyers' remarks personally. Instead, think of it as free advice on how to make your product live up to its highest potential. Emotionally detach yourself.
- Don't do major renovations. Finishes and fixtures that you see as beautiful may not suit every buyer's tastes. It is best to limit the amount of time and investment you make on renovations to the essentials — replace old flooring, tackle small repairs, paint, and change outdated fixtures. Save your renovation energy and dollars for your new home.
- Don't think the house will sell itself. The real estate market is a game. You need to make your home the most appealing product on the block. Declutter, clean, do small repairs, repaint and, in general, make it feel fresh and welcoming.
- Don't run out and purchase all new furniture. Chances are the furniture you have is not the reason your space is not selling. You may just have too much of it in one area. Or perhaps it needs to be cleaned or just neutralized with a simple throw. Remove before you completely redo.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. Call in a professional stager, whether they just spend a few hours giving you some helpful tips or they come in to completely redecorate your entire space. It is money well spent and will eventually end up back in your pocket when you sell your home for top dollar.
TOP 5 DO'S
- Spruce up your curb appeal. Potential buyers judge your home before they even enter it. Make this first impression count! Plant flowers, mow the lawn, put out a welcome mat, and make those small repairs you've been putting off.
- Clean, clean, clean! This simple tip is essential. Dust, vacuum, wash the windows, and mop the floors. Make sure there are no odd odors floating around or major stains on the carpet or furniture. Do like your mother said and make your bed!
- Declutter. Get rid of any superfluous items that detract from the rooms. Hide figurines, throw out or recycle junk mail, newspapers and magazines, file disheveled papers, and put clothes, shoes and the like out of sight.
- Neutralize. Potential buyers need to imagine themselves living in your home. Make it easy for them by removing all personal items such as family pictures and/or religious statues. Also, get rid of any loud paint colors, offensive wall coverings or in-your-face accessories.
- Remove all big, clunky furniture. Oversized couches, chairs, or coffee tables have to go. If you cannot replace them with smaller pieces, get rid of as much as you can — less is more.
Most people love color but live with white walls because they're terrified of making a costly mistake. Don’t feel alone if you’ve been agonizing over those same paint chips for months! The number one most dreaded decorating decision is selecting a paint color. With thousands of colors and brands to choose from and magazines encouraging us to experiment, it’s no wonder this decorating task seems overwhelming. Let us take the stress out of those selections. Discover how choosing the correct color and tone of paint can bring beauty, balance, and a sense of well-being to your home.
Facts about paint and color…
- Color evokes an emotional response;
- Paint is the cheapest and most flexible decorating tool;
- Color is the most important design element in the room;
- Paint is the easiest way to change a space;
- Color can make a room look larger or smaller;
- Color not only establishes a theme but it affects mood.
Custom Painted Furniture
Restoration Details offers custom furniture makeovers. Each item is painted by hand with a brush. If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind furniture transformation with character, send me an email with a picture of your piece and a few photos of inspiration pieces (browsing Pinterest usually does the trick!). I can then provide a quote on the cost.
All furniture items need to be delivered to my studio in Berlin, Ohio and picked up at a designated time once the project has been scheduled.
When the estimate has been provided and approved, a 50% deposit will be required at the time of scheduling. Since each item is hand-painted, pieces may have natural imperfections due to the process and the age of vintage furniture.
You can also shop our inventory of completed hand-painted pieces. Take a look! You just might find your next one-of-a-kind treasure!
How does it work?
1. Send an email with a couple of images of your piece of furniture. Include the measurements of your piece and what you are looking for as an outcome. For example, you might say, “I want an aged, European look," or maybe, "I'd like a more modern, finished look." If you would like to focus on additional details like knobs changed or dark waxed applied, please let me know this as well. Also include you color selection or idea.
2. I will email you an estimate for the work as well as a recommended color from one of the three lines of paint I use--Chalk Paint by Annie Sloane™, RePurpose Chroma•Color™ or Old Village Paints™. These are the only lines I currently work with for custom projects. I will also include a drop-off and pick-up time for your project. You are responsible for finding transportation for your furniture.
3. If you want to move forward with the project, a 50% deposit will be due at that time. This will secure your appointment and the pick-up date for your one-of-a-kind furniture transformation!